Saturday, February 7, 2015

Important update regarding this devlog

It's been a fun time, making this game, doing screenshots, writing mediocre jokes and displaying my progress, and I started doing that exactly 21 day ago. Now, I know that sentence sounds like I'm quitting, but I'm not.

I've been trying to make posts every single day, and I've been working every single day so that there would be things to show. That is a good way of approaching devlogs. It basically means that people can rest in peace and not worry that I stopped caring about the project and haven't quit, and it's also a big motivation for me, because I don't want to let anyone think I quit.

 However, the game will come out at some point in time. And when that time comes, I want to surprise people. I want them to explore this world I've created, and be surprised at all the secrets, quests, items and easter eggs they've never seen before. And if I give away pretty much everything I do, when the game finally gets a demo, you won't be as surprised about my items, quests, challenges, people, riddles and all that fun. The developing team itself spoiled everything to you! That's why the daily posting won't work anymore. Well then, what will I do?

I'm not going to stop posting updates, either. That's why, at least for the time being, devlog posts will be done each 3 days instead of each day. I don't know what time interval is best for me yet, so I'll stick to 3 days and see how that works out.

Also, also, also, also also alsos asloslo sllsprrrrrrrrrrft

You didn't think I would forget to do the actual update after all that, didn't you?!

This is the Chocolate Milk River. After you get the item that lets you draw water from it, you can get chocolate milk, which is this game's equivalent of health potions. There are other ways to interact with the river, like crossing it, drinking from it with your bare hands, talking to it, or sinking into it. And as many people may tell you, Malkovich does isn't approve of such a stupid shit!

The game also has map progression. What is that? Well, you start out in the village, and you can't visit the river or the desert, but after you go through the first battle in the game, Smite Plains(I need a better name), you will be able to visit the river and the desert, who are adjacent to the Plains on the map. It's like in Elder Scrolls, where you have to go to landmarks to then be able to teleport to them. UNLESS YOU JUST USE A CARRIAGE OR TELEPORT TO A CITY YOU'VE NEVER BEEN IN AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THAT EVEN COULD WORK WHAT THE FUCK OBLIVION, YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF SH

The next update will be posted on 10th of February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment