Monday, January 18, 2016

A JonTron Adventure is cancelled.

I cannot work on this game anymore. The new version of A JonTron Adventure is not going to come out.
..For some time. Just kidding, it's getting delayed.

I'm taking a big break from the game, possibly a few years. Just kidding, weeks.

"I would kill you if you made the terrible fooling people 3 times joke." - Jacques.

Never forget this. Making games is fucking fun. It can be challenging, it can be long, but it's never straight up boring. There's always things you can work on, there's always things you can carefully plan, there's always things to do. But something happened that can't let me work on anything, at all.

I can't bring myself to work on this game, no matter how much I recognize with my mind how important this game is for me. I try and try to make myself clear plans and goals, so much that I might as well just do the assignment mechanically and without any thinking into it. But any time I launch the game editor, or any time I open up the game's script, all my motivation is drained and sucked dry.

This death of motivation goes against everything I associate the game with. I associate the game with fun, both for me, developing it, and the few people that played it and gave their badass input. I associate the game with it being important, because the one thing that I'm worth a damn at is making other people have fun through something I made, and it's what I've been trying to do my whole life, practically. A JonTron Adventure is the first thing that came out to be a success, even in my eyes, and that's why it's important. But it's not fun anymore. It's just impossibly depressing.

I wish I was just being lazy. That'd be a pretty convenient excuse. The one time I was lazy was at the start of the game's development, back when I managed to actually give this devlog an update in the form of a screenshot and some text every single day. Skipping just 1 day of development was considered lazy for me, and it was truly because I just decided to jerk around that day. I mean that was pretty funny, even the titles of the previous days led up to it. But being lazy is just not it.

I worried too much about the game in this state, which led me to feel even more like shit. So that's why I'm taking an official break. A break when I will instead force myself to not give a shit about anything and just chill, the time night comes around especially(when I usually tried to do stuff with the game).
Basically, A JonTron doesn't exist for me anymore from this day onwards.

Have some screenshots of the stuff I did happen to make, though.
That's Be-Dansheva, the newest area. The building on the left is the Be-Dansheva library. Be-Dansheva has a lot of other (planneddddddd) layouts that will have a lot of people you can talk to.

Yeah, I wonder if there was a certain other person in the real world that did this kind of thing. He played video games with a corpse revivalist, maybe? Wait, that's the wrong word. But the other guy definitely made things move. In the past, that is.

I'll be back in action on a later date, stronger than I ever was. I mean, I hope I get the inspiration to.

And if you don't know what the fuck A JonTron Adventure is, I think it's a video game.

See you, Space Aceboys.




2 comments: