Wednesday, January 21, 2015

World building, you know the thing that isn't programming for once

I'm gonna start making a map of the whole Ech world with clearly defined areas and lands. I came up with using Dwarf Fortress to generate the basic map. I would upload the map but it uploads for hours and doesn't do anything. I guess Google doesn't like BMP.

Lands I'm probably gonna have:
Dinocity. A generic jungle area, the birthplace of Cindy, uhhh.. dinosaur? And Joe and Mac.
Elf's World. More info below
California? The land full of swoodness, surfboards and grommets? I would like to do something like that, but, this is an actual place, and I could be sued by California lawyers and I could die.
Canada. The land full of spookiness and spooky scary skeletons full of bagged milk. Warning: Bad Acting and Dogs can destroy your adventurers. Yet another real place I'm not fucking sure
Foodfight universe. ACTUALLY NO. THAT MEANS I HAVE TO WATCH THE MOVIE. FUCKING NO.
Bubsy's universe. I'm gonna reread the classic Bubsy novel trilogy.
Space Maze. SPACE MAZE. Terrible level design included

Vietnamese Crystal is a bootleg of Gen 2 Pokemon, so "Elf's World" land is going to be based on Johto, the bootleg version. This is Gen 2 Mom, she gives you the "Elf Gear", which are actually Running Shoes, the things that let you run in quests. What she is saying right now is what she says in Crystal. Yes, I'm playing Vietnamese Crystal for research. Yes, I named my character SHITT. What am I gonna call my Totodile, then? No other Johto starters are accepted in Vietnamese Crystal. Unless  you pick multiple starters, which is a thing, that you can actually do. How is this game so filled with glitches, it's just a broken translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment