Sunday, January 18, 2015

World Map

I'm making a world map for the game, not dissimilar to Candy Box 2. I'll be using fantastic art I found on OpenGameArt as a placeholder, made by hyptosis:

http://opengameart.org/content/lots-of-free-2d-tiles-and-sprites-by-hyptosis

And here's a village I made in 5 minutes:
The houses are gonna be clickable, and there will be people in them that will talk to you, trade with you and give you riddles. I am gonna make a new type of currency for this world, though, because even at this point Echs are very inf- GODDAMMIT CAT IM TRYING TO WRITE STUFF

The amount of Echs you use changes very rapidly through-out the game, and this world is going to be non-linear, meaning you will be able to go to different places at any time of your playthrough. And it's not as rewarding to get to a place, beat its challenge and then get 190 echs for it when you get 600 each second, just because this are could be accessed from the start of the game but you decided not to. That's why I'm gonna introduce a different kind of currency for the non-clicker parts of the game. Subscribers, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment